Home Care Consultant - RN
|Branch:||White Bear Lake, MN - Corp. Office|
|Description:||The Consultant performs a full range of professional consulting assignments in a full-functioning capacity. Considerable independent judgment is required to carry out assignments that have significant impact on services or programs. Guidelines may be available, but require adaptation or interpretation to determine appropriate courses of action. The Consultant may be required to function as a lead worker overseeing the work of other professionals. This is not a direct Patient Care Position.|
|Duties:||Major Job Functions: |
The responsibilities listed above are representative of the position and are not all-inclusive.
- Assist the client with assessing, planning, developing and implementing systems, processes and other needs as requested.
- Maintain current working knowledge of applicable state and federal standards, regulations and industry standards of practice.
- Consults and provides technical or interim management assistance to nursing and health care providers as requested by the client.
- Identify training needs; plan and conduct training/in-services as requested.
- Assist clients as requested in the selection and hiring of key management staff.
- Participate in/conduct comprehensive quality assessments as requested.
- Attend applicable meetings in facility as requested.
- Participate in the marketing of Pathway services in long-term care and senior housing communities.
- Provide written reports as requested in a timely manner.
- Function within scope of professional practice guidelines and all other disciplinary standards of practice.
- Maintain current licensure.
- Report to supervisor any potential areas of client vulnerability.
- Maintain client confidentiality and function within HIPAA regulations.
- Function within scope of work as defined on client specific project sheets.
- Provide weekly time sheets and expense reports individualized by client.
- Keep current on voice and email messages and respond in a timely manner.
- Flexibility for travel as requested.
- No Direct Patient Care
Knowledge of the home health and Hospice regulatory requirements, at the State, Federal and local level.
Demonstrated multi-tasking ability and effective organizational skills in order to meet short deadlines with finite resources.
Understands current trends and advancements in the delivery of care in the home.
Understanding and knowledge of Chronic Disease Management
Understands and has experience with the completion of the OASIS Assessment for homecare.
- Must have been in a long - term care leadership role for five years as Director of Health Sevices or similar role
- Strong customer service skills to coordinate service delivery including attention to clients, sensitivity to issues, identification and resolution of issues to promote positive outcomes for clients; requires initiative, innovation and creativity.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to make good decisions and exercise sound clinical professional judgment.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team including internal and external participants.
- Computer literacy in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems. Access to electronic communications.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle, maintain a current driver's license and provide proof of auto insurance indicating coverage for uninsured motorist.
- Must keep all professional licenses and certifications updates as required and provide proof of current licensure. Must have mantoux test done annually and provide test results requested.
- Ability to endure prolonged walking, sitting, standing, use of pulling bending and stooping movements,
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Must be able to demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to work under pressure to maintain organizational goals.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to work well with others.
- Ability to adapt to changes in daily work hour and schedule.