Interim MDS Coordinator
|Branch:||White Bear Lake, MN - Corp. Office|
We are looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) and MDS/RAI Process Specialists with at least 3 years of Long Term Care (SNF) experience. The candidate must be familiar with the full scope of the clinical reimbursement process, Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and MDS Reimbursement processes including RAPS and RUGS, as it pertains to skilled nursing facilities.
This role will include consulting in client facilities, interim assignments - both short and long term, and possibly training. The candidate must be willing to travel.
- Assist the client with assessing, planning, developing and implementing systems, processes and other needs as requested.
- Assist the client with clinical reimbursement systems and training.
- MDS 3.0 Basics, transition, CAAs, RUGS IV
- Maintain current working knowledge of applicable state and federal standards, regulations and industry standards of practice.
- Consult and provide technical or interim management assistance to nursing and health care providers as requested by the client.
- Identify training needs; plan and conduct training/in-services as requested.
- Assist clients as requested in the selection and hiring of key management staff.
- Participate in/conduct comprehensive quality assessments as requested.
- Participate in the marketing of Pathway services in long-term care and senior housing communities and provide written reports as requested
- Function within scope of professional practice guidelines and all other disciplinary standards of practice.
- Maintain current licensure.
- Maintain client confidentiality and function within HIPAA regulations.
- Function within scope of work as defined on client specific project sheets.
- Provide weekly time sheets and expense reports individualized by client.
Flexibility for travel as requested
RN license and three years experience
Proficient in MDS 3.0
MDS Certification Preferred
Familiar with the full scope of the clinical reimbursement process, Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and MDS Reimbursement processes including RAPS and RUGS.
Well versed in Medicare processes and MDS Completion
Accuracy is Paramount
- Have a "troubleshooter" approach to problem solving
Ability to Adapt to Changing Environments
Willing to Travel
If you have the above qualifications and are seeking growth, flexibility and variety in your career, we want to hear from you.